Here is our take on cookies and cream – matcha ice cream with a chocolate crumb. Here’s our impressive but simple recipe.
MATCHA COOKIES & (ICE) CREAM
( No ice cream maker needed)
1½ Tbsp matcha
3 tscp water
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/3 cups condensed milk/ sugar/ 20 drops stevia
125g almond meal
125g caster sugar
75g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
60g unsalted melted butter
pinch of sea salt flakes
1) Whisk the matcha powder with the water in a “W” motion until there are no lumps.
2) In a big bowl, whip the whole cream until stiff peaks form.
3) Add sugar/ condensed milk or stevia to the matcha mix and slowly combine it with the whipped cream.
4) Transfer the mix to a freeze-proof dish.
5) Freeze until ice cream is frozen (±6 hours).
The cookie crumb can be prepared days before and kept in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
1) Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together and mix well.
3. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture looks crumbly.
4. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture evenly on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, stir the mixture occasionally.
6. Let it cool down before storing in an air-tight container.